From a recently introduced health nut to you…
- 3/4 frozen mango
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk (I personally use sweetened almond milk, unsweetened is just as good but it will taste less like a treat)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Shredded almonds
- Hemp seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Organic chia seeds
- Using a blender, mix all of the ingredients for the base together, adding the melted coconut oil last.
- Mix for about a minute and then scrap the sides with a spoon and repeat for about another minute.
- Once the base has become a smoothie like consistency, pour it into a bowl and add toppings. I used those listed above but other options are available (see note).
Note: Other toppings include, vegan chocolate chunks, sliced banana (this goes very well with the coconut taste), organic granola, and any other nuts and/or fruit.