The perfect fajitas for a friday night kick back with the hubby. Easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing! (My boyfriend said so and he’s a meat lover) – found on pinterest and had to share!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 portobello mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers (different colors will spice up the look! I used red and orange)
- 6 tortillas of your choice
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (ingred. below)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped lettuce
- Vegan tzatziki
- Remove the stems from the portobello mushrooms and spoon out the gills, and wipe tops clean.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Thinly slice the bell peppers and the onion.
- Make taco seasoning by combining all ingred. in a bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the peppers and onions, and cook for about 2 minutes, mixing well to avoid burning.
- Add the mushrooms and 1 tbsp of the taco seasoning.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until softened and then add the juice of 1/2 a lime. You may add salt if necessary.
- Warm the tortiallas in the microwave (optional) and spoon the mixture to the center with choice of toppings.