Okay, I was a little skeptical about this recipe but it is truly amazing! It just TASTES healthy. I added extra spices like basil and a little extra Italian seasoning and it really helped with the flavour. It’s healthy and easy to make (I believe it took me about 30 minutes total including the time it took to chop the veggies). Definitely worth a try, and so convenient after a long day at work!
Calories per serving: 235
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 mushrooms, diced (shiitake, portobello, or button)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender, pulse the cauliflower florets until they resemble the texture of rice, set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat and add garlic, onion, mushrooms, and peppers, sauté for 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- Add cauliflower to the mixture and sauté another 8 minutes until the cauliflower has completely softened.
- Toss in the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.