Delicious, delicious, delicious! Tastes so so good. The original recipe called for refried beans but I opted out and used a vegan tzatziki sauce instead… suffice to say it turned out better than expected.
Calories per serving: 275 (including tortilla)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 8oz containers of baby bella’s, sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 whole wheat tortillas
- Tzatziki sauce (Recipe here: Easy Vegan Tzatziki Sauce)
- Start by sautéing the onions on low heat, this will take 30-40 minutes until they reach a deep caramel colour.
- Stir often, checking to see if they need more oil to avoid from burning.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar to help deepen the colour, and salt & pepper, to taste.
- 30 minutes in, add the mushrooms and let them release their liquid (10 more minutes)
- Wipe out the skillet and keep over low heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of tzatziki sauce on one side of a whole wheat tortilla.
- Add the mushroom and onion mixture on the other side.
- Allow the tortilla to crisp about 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach on the side with the mushrooms and allow to crisp 1 more minute.
- Flip the tortilla over and place on a plate, cutting it in two.