This is so so sweet! If you do not like sweets then stay away! I made this for my boyfriends birthday because he LOVES cookies and I thought it would be a funny joke haha! Anyways, he loved it and so did I because I am a cookie dough fanatic! Here’s the recipe:
For the Cake:
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 sticks salted butter, softened and at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
For the Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Cookies and Cream Frosting:
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed very finely
- Blue food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBS light corn syrup
For the garnish/eyes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Cookies
- 2 brown candies for the eyes (I used mini oreos but jumbo M&M’s would work too)
- Lollipop sticks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and heavily flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar on low speed until smooth, scraping the bowl as necessary, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended.combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and sour cream to the batter alternately, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For easier frosting and decorating, wrap and chill cakes before proceeding.
Prepare cookie dough frosting:
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream until combined. Beat on high for one minute, until fluffy.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
Assembling the cake:
- Trim and level cakes, then assemble and fill with cookie dough frosting. Place in the refrigerator.
Prepare cookies n’cream frosting:
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream, and vanilla on medium-low until smooth and well-combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.
- Once powdered sugar is barely mixed in, increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in crushed Oreos and add blue food coloring until desired shade is achieved.
- Frost the assembled cake and place in the refrigerator again.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and heavy cream, stopping to stir every 20 seconds until smooth.
- Stir in light corn syrup and let sit until thickened and cooled.
- Pour ganache over the center of the cake, spreading to the very edges and allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Garnish bottom of cake with cookies.
Making the eyes:
- Using a bit of melted chocolate or frosting, attach two Oreos (with the top removed and cream showing) to lollipop sticks. Let sit until firm.
- Using a bit of melted chocolate or frosting, attach two chocolate candies to the center of the eyes.
- Insert into the center of the cake.