Okay, I SWEAR by these. They are absolutely delicious! I haven’t found a better recipe yes, so I have to share these with you! They taste like christmas in your mouth and are just so amazing… I could go on forever, but instead I’ll begin writing the recipe… enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats (you may also use quick oats)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with butter (I usually grease it or use cooking spray)
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on med-high until pale and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes)
- Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition, and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture, mix until combined.
- Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined (for this step I use my hands as it’s really hard on my mixer and much quicker!)
- Using a small cookie scoop, place cookies on baking sheet 2″ apart (I did 12 cookies per sheet)
- Bake for 10mins or until edges are lightly browned but center is still soft and unset.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.