Loving this recipe to death! Had it for dinner tonight and it tasted like a cheat meal…. although it was not! Excited to share… :
Calories per serving: 150 (including pita)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 8oz container of button mushrooms, stems cut, and cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- Sliced cucumber, for topping (optional)
- Sliced tomato, for topping (optional)
- Cut up romaine lettuce, for topping (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl combine lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini to the mixture and toss until well combined.
- You can either roast the veggies for 20-25 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees OR fry on stove for 3-4 minutes until char marks appear and liquid has evaporated or when soft.
- When just about to serve, heat up whole wheat pita bread.
- Once veggies are ready, transfer them onto the warm pita and top with toppings of choice.
- Serve with choice of side (I usually serve with sweet potato french fries)